Food safety is important at each and every stage of the food supply chain. It protects consumers, meets legal obligations and safeguards your product. The standards prescribe quality, safety and operational criteria to ensure that manufacturers fulfill their legal obligations and provide protection for the end consumer.
The BRC Standard demands high levels of compliance and the certification programme is wide ranging, including food safety planning, site and process controls, and gaining management The standards soon became a universal benchmark for best practice in the food industry and have evolved into the globally recognized BRC Global Standards.
British Retail Consortium is a globally recognized UK trade organization which established a series of standard to help companies comply with food safety legislation, and to provide guidelines for the manufacture a safe and quality food products.
BRC by IAS
The emphasis of this BRC certification is to enhance the due diligence defense systems of the food manufacturers and also used as a base for supplier evaluation and approval. The certification of BRC is much appropriate to the food exporters to UK Europe. The BRC’s main purpose is to make a positive difference to the retail industry and the customers it serves, today and in the future.
- IAS is a well established body accredited to provide ISO Certification against various ISO standards and as has a range of Product Certification which includes Kosher, Green, BRC, Ghost-R, CE Marking, ROHS Malaysia.
- IAS conducts ISO Certification audits, Product Certification and provides the service of ISO Internal Auditor Trainings, ISO Lead Auditor Trainings and ISO Foundation Training in Malaysia. All these certification and Training services by IAS for the country is managed from its office in Malaysia where it covers all the major cities such as Penang, Johor, Selangor, Kualalumpur, langkawi etc…
- IAS Having two decades of audit experience helps to attain the certification faster.
- Incorporated in 2006, we stand with 13 years of professional experience in the certification field.
- IAS conducts the audits in more sensible and value added manner to benefit the clients of small, medium and large organization. Our flexible procedure is simple to understand and the services are timely and cost effective.
- Our presence is in Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, India, Oman, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar, Kuwait, Philippines countries with more than 6000 clients
- We have more than 300 experienced empanelled auditors to effectively asses an organization’s conformance to various product standards.
- IAS certification services are rendered by our skilled professionals by following industry set guidelines and norms.
- Contact IAS with completed Application form to discuss about the details of certification.
- Identifying the product or the range of product to be certified
- Registration of product or range of product to be certified
- Submission of first documentation by manufacturer (Based on Certification standard, including test certificates)
- Ensure that the documentation fulfill the compliance requirement.
- Audit the product to ensure the product meets the BRC requirements.
- Submission of final documentation along with additional clarification.
- Final document evaluation and recommendation.
- Award of certification of Compliance.
Benefits of BRC Certification
In past decades, food recalls have increased the greater consumer awareness about the safety of foods and causing retailers and food service providers to implement assurance measures, which protect your firm and brand against a recall. As a result, many UK, North American and European retailers mandate that their suppliers provide such assurance by achieving BRC certification.
As a BRC Certified, Your Organization will achieve the benefits of
- Recognized certification by many retailers, food service companies and manufactures around the world.
- Decrease in costs attributed to withdrawals and/or recalls.
- Improvement in reputation and brand loyalty.
- Enhanced guidance to implement quality and safety in the organization.
- Improve your ability to work with the many organizations for which BRCGS certification is a contractual obligation or expectation
- The BRC Global Standard helps you protect your brand, giving customers confidence in your production programmes and supply chain management.