ISO 45001:2018 standard and its Certification
About ISO 45001:2018 Standard
ISO 45001:2018 (OHSMS) is an International Standard that specifies the requirements for an occupational health and safety (OHS) management system, with guidance for its use, to facilitate an organization to continually improve its OHSMS performance in preventing injury and ill-health etc…
ISO 45001:2018 (OHSMS) is proposed to be applicable to any organization regardless of its size, type and nature. All of its requirements are proposed to be integrated into an organization’s own management processes.
ISO 45001:2018(OHSMS) enables an organization, through its OHSMS, to integrate other aspects of health and safety, such as worker wellness/wellbeing. However, it is mandatory for an Organization to get compliance with the applicable legal (Statutory Regulatory) requirements.
What is new in ISO 45001:2018
The Current Version – ISO 45001:2018 concentrates on the interface between an organization and its business environment while the Previous version OHSAS 18001 was focused on managing OHS hazards and other internal issues. But the current version differs in so many ways such as
- Identifying the context of the Organization and monitoring regularly.
- Identifying the needs expectations of interested parties including workers and monitoring regularly.
- It helps in identifying the Risks hazards involved in the operation and to get minimize or eliminate the Risks involved in it.
- New Version promoting the Consultation participation of Workers in achieving the effective OHSMS
Certification of ISO 45001:2018
The objective of this certification is to reduce/prevent accidents, deaths, and injuries of people and loss or damage to environment and equipment.
Regardless of the size of the organization, nature, type of activities, implementation of Occupation Health Safety Management System (OHSMS) helps the organization to provide a safe working environment to the employees and others. ISO 45001 certification for business is a powerful tool to increase the credibility of the organization by showing that your products or services meet the expectations of your customer.
Transition to ISO 45001:2018 from OHSAS 18001
ISO 45001:2018(OHSMS) Standard is similar to the Other Certification Standards. Integrated Assessment Services helps your Organization in guiding, upgrading/changing from the existing certificate of OHSAS 18007 to current version of ISO 45001:2018(OHSMS) or obtaining an ISO 45001:2018(OHSMS) Fresh certificate.
Process to obtain an ISO 45001 Certification
- Organization initially adopts the ISO 45001:2018 standards requirements and defines the documentation on how this standard is practiced, monitored and continually improved. Once the system is in place. You can forward the application to IAS to certify your organization.
- Two stages of Audit included in the process of ISO certification
- Readiness Audit : Stage 1Audit
- Verifying the effectiveness Audit of the System: Stage 2 Audit
- The organization applying for ISO 45001 certification is an audit based on an extensive sample of its process, sites, services, products functions. The auditor finally list out the Non Conformance to management. According to the grade of the Non Conformance, the certification body determines the time required for its closure of Non conformance including the correction and corrective actions which are approved by the certification body. After the effective verification on closure of Non conformity, the Certificate is issued to the scope that was audited.
- Having two decades of audit experience helps to attain the certification faster.
- Very few competent certification bodies provide comprehensive services such as certification and Lead Auditor Training etc.,
- IAS issues accredited Certificates, hence universally valid.
- The Knowledge, skills gained through experience and the International presence of IAS has created a history of executing successful large-scale, complex international projects. Our people understand the culture and nature of the local market and perform internationally in an effective and consistent manner.
- IAS conducts the audits in more sensible and value added manner to benefit the clients of small, medium and large organization. Our flexible procedure is simple to understand and the services are timely and cost effective.
- Our presence is in India, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Oman, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar, Kuwait, Philippines countries with more than 6000 clients
- We have successfully addressed almost all the sectors broadly diversified in Automobile industry, Consumer electronics, Chemical Industry, Steel production, Industrial equipment, FMCG industry, Aerospace manufacturing, Healthcare Industry, Food industry, Textile industry, Oil and Gas, Energy, Telecommunication, IT Industry, Hospitality industry.
- We have more than 300 experienced empanelled auditors to effectively asses an organization’s conformance to Quality Management System unleashing a true potential for Improvement.
Benefits of ISO 45001:2018 Certification
The success of an organization solely depends on the employees and the management. Retaining productive employees can achieve only by providing needful consideration of their welfare. Benefits of OHSMS are providing a safe and healthy work environment for the employees thereby providing health protection for employees. ISO 45001:2018 certification helps to enhance the reputation of the organization. Safe working environment helps to reduce the workplace accidents and thereby eliminate unnecessary expenses. And predominantly the organization can achieve employee satisfaction. By obtaining ISO 45001:2018 (OHSMS) certificate, an organization has the following benefits.
- ISO 45001:2018 certification makes your organization on a level of excellence shared by organizations worldwide.
- ISO 45001:2018 certification helps in Identifying Hazards Risks in a enhanced manner
- It helps an Organization to establish Operational Controls to manage its OHS Risks and its Legal requirements effectively.
- Ensuring the Employees Consultation participation in achieving the effective OHSMS.
- It helps an Organization to provide a Safe working Environment to do the business effectively
Coverage of ISO 45001 Certification in Malaysia:
IAS is one of the highly performing as ISO Certification Bodies in Malaysia. IAS conducts auditing and providing ISO 45001 certification in Malaysia and also for various standards in Malaysia. It also delivers ISO 45001 Lead Auditor Training, ISO 45001 Internal Auditor Training, and ISO 45001 Awareness/Foundation Training in Malaysia. All these certification and Training services by IAS for the country is managed from its office in kuala lumpur from where it covers all the major cities johor, kedah, Kelantan, Pahang, Negeri Sembilan, Perak, pulau pinang, sabah, sarawak, Selangor, terengganu, wilayah persakutuan, Melaka and perlis kedah.
To know more about ISO 45001:2018 – Occupational Health Safety Management System and its certification, click here.
What an Organization should do to achieve certification?
- Implement ISO 45001:2018(OHSMS) in your organization. E.g. Documentation, training the staffs, practicing the system as per standards etc
- Conduct an Internal Audit program through trained OHSMS Internal Auditors.
- Collect the data and compile conduct the analysis.
- With the help of analyzed data, Conduct a Management review and effect some decision to improve the Organization performance towards company OHSMS objectives goals.
- For conducting Audit, Call IAS and discuss the audit procedure specific to your organization
- Successfully complete the audit. (Stage 1 and Stage 2)
- Closure of Non conformance, if any.
- Collect and maintain the ISO 45001 certification.
- Comply with the surveillance audit yearly.
To know more about the audit details. Kindly click here.