ISO/IEC 20000 Certification in Malaysia
ISO/IEC 20000 is the first international standard for IT service management. IT Service Management with an integrated set of management processes for effective delivery of services to customers. ISO Certification For Information Technology in Malaysia is based on the ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) framework. ISO 20000 certification prescribes that the organization has adequate controls and procedures in place to consistently deliver a cost effective and quality IT services.
ISO/IEC 20000 consists of two parts:
ISO/IEC 20000 designed to help organizations develop integrated processes necessary to deliver effective managed IT services to customer.The scope includes:
1. Requirements for a management system
2. Planning and implementing IT service management
3. Service delivery process
4. Relationship processes
5. Resolution processes
6. Control processes
ISO/IEC 20000-2 has commit with the development and implementation of best practices that are needed to attain ISO/IEC 20000 objectives.
Key Features of ISO 20000 standards
ISO 20000-1:2005 is the First version of IT Service Management System standard which is applicable to all Information technology service providers and organisation depending on information technology relate to their business activities.
ISO 20000-2 is a Code of Practice that describes the best practices for Service Management processes within the scope of ISO 20000-1 The standards is particularly used for organisations preparing for an audit against ISO 20000-1 or planning of IT service improvements.
Benefits of adopting ISO/IEC 20000
1. ISO 20000 certification standards have demonstrate the requirements of organization which
upholding a reliable IT service and infrastructure.
2. It provide more opportunities to improve the efficiency, reliability and consistency of IT services
impacting costs and service.
3. Better alignment between business objectives and IT, reducing risks and improving
communication between business areas.
4. Continual Improvement built into the processes which increase the efficiency and productivity.
5. Suppliers and partners will become more integrated and service focused
6. Its create competitive edge to business .
7. It create loyalty image to business in providing quality IT service to customers.